- Take care of contamination of water and food problem. Always drink safe mineral water and take well-cooked food.
- Drink bottled water only. Even many Indians who have lived out of India for a few years sometimes suffer stomach upsets on drinking local tap water. If there is no alternative to tap water, ensure it is boiled. Most famous brand is Bislery, Aqua Fina and Himalaya.
- Avoid eating buffet meals, even in expensive hotels. The food may become contaminated due to over-exposure
- If you are buying from roadside stalls or hawkers, bargain you must. Start by offering half the price they ask for and settle for 70 – 80 per cent. Don’t bargain in proper shops especially those that display “Fixed Price” signs: that will be seen as bad manners.
- Never buy food from roadside stalls or mobile canteens. Not that they are bad, but your system may not be accustomed to such delicacies and you might end up spending more time in the loo than normal.
Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Curry, Malai Kofta and Naan these are the most famous dishes eaten by western people and they like them very much.
- King fisher Lager bear is one of the most general alcoholic drinks taken by any western tourist.
- Lassi & water is one of the most general non alcoholic drinks taken by any western tourist.
- Not only drink bottled water also brush teeth with it.
- If driving between cities, have your hotel pack a lunch for the road.